- The prime objective of the Entertainment Society of Goa was to frame Entertainment Policy for the State of Goa and implement the same with the help of Various Agencies.
- To advise the Government of Goa on various policy issues related to promotion of entertainment industry in the State of Goa on a long term basis.
- To make the state of Goa the International Entertainment Hub and to give global visibility and recognition the State of Goa.
- To leverage the International Film Festival as an anchor point to create permanent facilities that will enable the State of Goa to create a niche for itself in the realm of World Film Festivals and become known for its uniqueness and distinct character.
- To organize and host the International film festival in State of Goa, on par with the leading film festivals of the world and to hold and organize world class entertainment events, exhibitions and expositions etc.
- To earn revenue on a long term basis from ventures in film, entertainment and leisure projects and to bring about worldwide recognition to the State of Goa as an ultimate tourism and entertainment destination and maximize the State of Goa’s potential in this regards.
- To develop infrastructure to meet the needs of International Film Festival and bring in global investment, to create an environment which will lead to increase employment opportunities for the locals like cameramen, T V technicians, trolley operators, curators, musicians, singers, dancers, dramatics etc.
- To build multiplex, cinema halls, media-centers, screening rooms, auditoriums, comprehensive infrastructure facilities, maintain them and provide services for telecommunications, transportation, parking, banking, internet connectivity, power supply, water, sewerage, sanitation, etc. for holding other International Event / Festival and other similar type of events.
- To set up international film city, studios, auditoriums with suitable capacities and training centers or a film institute to provide training to the perspective film makers, artists, directors, technicians and other related trades and set up film market or bazaar.
- To renovate the existing building, houses and residential accommodation to meet the requirements of the film festival and to conceptualize and develop properties for the Government of Goa for the purpose of entertainment industry by bringing in best companies for facilitation of investment and land development programs and leisure development projects.
- To conserve and improve the heritage buildings to develop the water front and pedestrians plaza.
- To conduct publicity campaign through print media, internet, videos and film and other new medium of communication that integrates information and marketing of the global level.
- To involve in networking and relation building in the interest of Entertainment industry in the State of Goa and to adopt innovative ideas for improving the organization of the film festival every year.
Our vision is to be the most trusted provider organization that ensure world class infrastructure and systems that will have a fulfilling experience. As a group of like-minded enthusiasts we will define the future of Creative and Entertainment industry.
- Conduct ourselves with integrity and live our Organizations Values.
- Deliver superior performance.
- Foster an internal environment of innovation, collaboration, and trust.
Our Road map starts with our mission, which is enduring. It declares our purpose as a Society and serves as the standard against which we weigh our actions and decisions.
- To create a safe and easy one stop platform for creative and entertainment industry.
- To inspire moments of optimism and contentment.
- To create value and make a difference by our innovative ideas and solutions.
We, the women and men of Entertainment Society of Goa, are guided by the same set of high values which describe our Society as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for customers, employees, partners and the communities we serve.
We take responsibility for QUALITY by providing “best in class” Service and solutions.
We deliver CUSTOMER satisfaction by understanding our customers’ needs.
We provide LEADERSHIP as a Society and as individuals through our talented employees, advance technology and innovative ideas.
We act with INTEGRITY in all we do through honesty and fairness in all aspects of our work.
We value Entertainment Society of Goa’s PEOPLE by providing the education and development needed to help our people grow by giving importance and value to their ideas.
We regard our PARTNERS as essential team members by giving them the same type of respect we show our customers.
Society’s Overall Goals:
Our Goals serves as the framework for our Road map and guides every aspect of our business by describing what we need to accomplish in order to continue achieving sustainable, quality growth.
People: Be a great place to work where people are inspired to be the best they can be.
Portfolio: Bring to the world a portfolio of quality Service and solutions that anticipate and satisfy clients’ desires and needs.
Partners: Nurture a winning network of customers and partners thereby creating mutual and enduring value.
Planet: Be a responsible citizen that makes a difference by helping build and support sustainable communities.
Profit: Maximize long-term return to our customers and partners while being mindful of our overall responsibilities.
Productivity: Be a highly effective, lean and fast-moving organization.
|To frame Rules and Regulations and advice the Government to implement the objectives of the society through the administrative machinery of the society.|
|To make policy decisions for the implementation of the aims and objectives of the society and any other programs/ film festivals etc financed by the Government and/or the Central Government.|
|To pass and approve the annual financial statement of the society every year.|
|To pass resolutions on financial and administrative matters for the smooth functioning of the society.|
|To frame various rules, like staff Recruitment Rules, Traveling Allowance rules, other rules necessary for the smooth functioning administration of the society.|
|To appoint Auditor for the audit of the Society and fix remuneration of the auditor.|
|To take decision to acquire any immovable property|
|To accept any donation/gift for the benefit of the society|
|To make administrative decisions to enter into profitable trade or business so as to strengthen the financial position of the society|
|To create post for the functioning of the administration of the society|
|To direct/authorize/delegate Governing body or Chairman or Executive Council Chairman or Member Secretary (CEO) to exercise any of its powers and functions.|
|To keep a roll of members giving their address and occupations duly signed by every member. If a member changes his address he shall notify his new address to the Member Secretary (CEO). Who shall thereupon enter his new address in the roll of Members. However if the Member Secretary fails to notify his new address, the address in the roll of members shall be deemed to be his address.|
|To do all such acts as felt necessary in order to achieve the aims and objective of the society.|
Executive Council (Governing Body)
|Exercise the executive authority of the society subject to policy directives from the General Body.|
|Be responsible for the supervision and control the work of the Society and of its Office.|
|Consider and prepare programmes of the Society and specific projects for the submission to the General Body.|
|Frame its Bye- laws, Rules of Procedure.|
|Draw up the annual budget of the Society and submit it for approval of the General Body.|
|Subject to the approval of the General Body, incue expenditure on the establishment as a whole to create such post as it may consider necessary for carrying out the work of the Society and prescribe the term and conditions of appointment to those posts.|
Chairman (General Body)
|Shall have overall control and supervision over the administration of the Society and all the Officers and employees of the society will be subordinate to him.|
|Shall exercise the powers of the General Body and Executive Council as may be delegated to him from time to time.|
|Overall financial and administrative powers of the Society are vested in him and he may delegate any such powers to the Member Secretary (CEO).|
Member Secretary (CEO)
|Supervise and control the financial and executive administration of the Society and perform such duties and functions as required for the proper functioning of the whole administrative machinery of the Society.|
|Perform such duties and functions conferred upon him in these rules and regulations or delegated to him by the General Body, Executive Council and Chairman.|
|Give effect to all resolutions of the Governing Body and the Executive Council and put all matters requiring resolutions of the Executive Council and General body before Executive Council / General Body.|
|Exercise supervision and control over all Officers and Servants of the Society and dispose their salary, Leave and other matters pertaining to their service conditions.|
|Represent the Society in all matters, such as, defending in Court of Law, filing suit, dealing with Government, defending the interests of society, etc.|
Management Team and Staff
|All the Officers and servants of the Society shall be under the administrative control of the Member Secretary.|
|Their duties and responsibility shall be fixed / assigned by the Member Secretary (CEO) from time to time|
|General Manager Support planning and implementation activities of events.|
|Ensure management of events is in line with Entertainment Society of Goa’s strategic direction and program deliverables.|
|Undertake specific tasks as delegated by CEO / General Manager to contribute to the planning, implementation and evaluation of events.|