GOA FILM ARCHIVE AND FILM BOOK LIBRARY
Entertainment Society of Goa has set up a Digital Film Archive in Goa which is a novel initiative in Asia, with a view to promote a healthy Film Culture in Goa, encourage research on various aspects of cinema and also preserve cinema for posterity.
The film archive contains Classics, Short Films, Documentaries and Feature Films with currently a collection of around 150 Films, films from the1930’s like Sant Tukaram and also films that have won accolades at International Film Festivals and we are continually acquiring more films for the archive
This unique archive is digital and works on the digital asset management technology and is supported by NIC-Goa, wherein films are stored on a server and can be accessed very easily. The archival films can also be screened in our auditoria for educational purpose and at festival screenings whenever required.
The Film Book Library contains around 347 books on International & National cinema. Various magazines and periodicals are also available at the library.
- Source, Acquire and Preserve Films and Film Books for the Archive and Film Book Library
- To Classify and Document data related to films
- To promote research on Indian & Foreign Cinema
- Promote a Film Culture in Goa
- To extend facilities to filmmakers, research scholars and students of cinema.
- National and State Award winning films and books on cinema.
- Indian Panorama films
- Box-office hits
- Films shown in International Film Festivals.
- Film adaptations of famous Literary works
- Films representing different genres of Indian Cinema
- World Cinema Classics
- Selected foreign films representing National Cultures, Genres of the major Filmmakers from different countries
- Books and periodicals covering Indian and World Cinema, Festival Publications,
- Ancillary material i.e. Song booklets, photographs, wall posters, pamphlets, folders on Cinema
- The Copyright owners and the Producers of the films
- Private collectors of films and ancillary material
- Institutions connected with the Film Medium in any capacity
- Individuals desirous of depositing the material without compensation
- Copyright owners or the producers of the Films
- Research scholars from India and abroad
- Goa Cinephile Members
- Students and Teachers of cinema, Journalism, Mass Communication
- Any individual interested in referring to the material deposited at the archive.
BOOKS AND PERIODICALS
Books and periodicals can be accessed by Goa Cinephile Members, Research workers, Journalists and any individual
interested in using the library.
Nominal Fees of Rs. 50/- will be charged to non -Goa Cinephile members for three hours per day.